top of page



Located under the garden of via Belvedere, on the southern side of the tufaceous hill, the rupestrian nymphaeum represents the highlight of Orte’s undegroud monuments is a structure dating from the Renaissance, built between the XV and the beginning of the XVI century, which was owned by the San Giorgio nunnery after 1518.

The first floor has large chamber divided by pillars.

The second underground floor is more complex, divided into seral rooms with water systems connected through a tunnel coming from the underground fountain in Piazza della Libertà.

bottom of page